Why Node Js ?
- Node.js free and opensource.
- Node.js is single threaded, non blocking, asynchronous programming language.
- Work on different platform like Linux, Unix, Windows, Mac.. etc
How Node is different from PHP and ASP ?
How PHP and ASP Handle Request.
- PHP or ASP send request to the server.
- They wait till the request get completed.
- Return the data when request get completed.
- They they send another new request.
How Node.js Handle request.
- Node.js send request to the server.
- Pick new request and do not wait till the request get completed.
- Once the first request get completed it server back data to the client.
Node.js eliminates the waiting, and simply continues with the next request.
What Can Node.js Do?
- Node.js interact with database to generate dynamic page.
- Node.js can create, open, read, write, delete, and close files on the server
- Node.js can collect form data.
- Node.js can add, delete, modify data in your database.
Next Tutorial: How to install and use Node.js