Pabbly Subscriptions has launched a new “Custom Domain Feature” which allows you to have your own custom domain for the Checkout Page.
Each plan in Pabbly Subscriptions has a unique Checkout page link.
Let’s assume that your website is – “yourcompanydomain.com”
and you want to use a custom domain like – “checkout.yourcompanydomain.com” for your checkout page.
In order to accomplish this, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Add a DNS record (this will allow you to use your own domain)
Add a CNAME record which points to “custom.pabbly.com” with the name of your custom domain.
You can give any host name of your choice. For example, We are using “checkout“, as shown in the link below.
Here is how it will look like in the DNS record:
“checkout.yourcompanydomain.com CNAME custom.pabbly.com”
Warning: If you are not familiar with DNS, please contact your DNS/Hosting provider before changing your DNS.
Step 2: Send a Request to us
Once you create a CNAME record on your custom domain with a value of “custom.pabbly.com”.
Then contact us through the form link below and we’ll take care of the setup from there. The setup process usually takes from 24-48 hours.
Request custom domain setup here. (Only fill after completing the CNAME setup as mentioned above.)
Step 3: Your custom link will be ready to use
You will receive a confirmation email after the setup is done from our end.
You can then paste the custom domain in the profile setting to use it.
Go to Pabbly Subscription Billing Dashboard -> Settings -> Custom Domain
Paste your custom domain in the ‘Custom Domain’ field of the account’s advance settings.
Use http/https and follow the format of adding a custom domain.
You can take reference (for the custom domain) from this example: https://ck.woofresh.com, here the site uses the https protocol and the custom domain is ck.woofresh.com.
Click on the ‘Save’ button at the bottom.
Right after this custom domain setting, all your checkout pages, client portal, and affiliate signup page’s will reflect this custom domain in the URL.
Regular URL of Pabbly checkout link:
Now, you will be able to load the form with a customized domain:
How to add SSL to your Custom Domain –
Note: Every now & then we have been asked: ” Our domain has SSL activated, why I can’t see SSL with Custom Domain?”
Your custom domain is the subdomain of your website (domain). We create a new subdomain for your checkout page. A subdomain is a part of your domain but the changes/features on main domain do not get reflected on your subdomain automatically. All the feature of your domain and subdomain needs to be added one at a time respectively. In the same way, SSL on the main domain will not work for the subdomain. You need to activate SSL for the subdomain, In this case, Custom Domain to make sure your Checkout Page is secure.
See, For example, This is our generic checkout URL: https://payments.pabbly.com/subscribe/f0fec5f55e:f0fec5f55e/TP
You requested a Custom domain as (https://checkout.abc.com). (https://abc.com) is your main domain and you have SSL activated for it.
We created the custom domain as (http://checkout.abc.com). Since this is a subdomain, you need to activate the SSL to ensure your customer checkout data is safe.
Here, the easy way to add the SSL to your sub-domain-
1. Go to CloudFlare (https://www.cloudflare.com/), log in to your dashboard. Now, add your site after clicking on the “Add Site” button in the page.
2. Once you added your site, the popup window will appear like this-
Click on “Next” button to continue the process.
3. It will redirect you to the plan, select one of the plan to add the SSL in your sub-domain. You can choose the FREE plan without having to pay anything.
4. Confirm the purchase, after clicking into the “Purchase” button.
5. DNS Query Result –
CloudFlare will scan your website completely and let you know about the missing records so that you can add them and complete the process to secure your website.
6. Change your nameserver from your current DNS provider. Your current DNS provider might be someone from whom you have purchased your domain name. For example Godaddy, NameCheap etc.
7. Once you have added the Nameserver, you can click on Recheck Nameservers button.
8. Once the Nameservers are added, you will see the Active mention on the CloudFlare Dashboard.
9. You can click on the name of the site and a settings panel will open up. Click on DNS menu on the top to open the DNS window.
10. Add the CNAME & it’s alias value and clicks on the “Add Record ” button.
Once you follow the steps, your CNAME will get added like this-
11. Now, click on the Crypto option to the submenu and select “Full” in the SSL part. The current status of your “Universal SSL” will be “Initializing Certificate”.
12. And once your DNS record will be added then the status of “Universal SSL” will be changed to “Active Certificate”.